Types of lobbyists

There are two types of lobbyists in Yukon. These are in-house lobbyists and consultant lobbyists.

In-house lobbyist

You are an in-house lobbyist if:

  1. You are an individual employed by another individual, corporation, partnership or organization whose duties include lobbying on behalf of your employer;
  2. You are a self-employed person who carries out lobbying duties in relation to the business; or
  3. You are a “directing mind.” This means you are an individual who is a director, officer, partner, or otherwise controls the operations of the corporation, partnership or organization, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly and spends time performing lobbying duties for the benefit of the corporation, partnership or organization.

Consultant lobbyist

You are a consultant lobbyist if you’re an individual who undertakes to lobby on behalf of a client.